Friday, October 3, 2014

My Name Is John Merrick...

Today was wonderful. Mr. Treves took me to his house to meet his wife and have a cup of tea with them. I did no have a very good idea of what to expect when I first walked in. Then his beautiful wife came down the stairs and greeted me so softly and so kindly, it put me to tears. I felt that I had made a bit of a fool of myself, even if Mr. Treves took it well. When we sat down and had our tea, which by the way was delicious, we al exchanged photos of loved ones. At first, Treves showed me pictures of his parents, and then those of his wife. Lastly, I showed them a picture of my mother. They both found her to be very beautiful. I simply told them that my mother must be very disappointed due to my deformity, and at that moment Treves' wife began to cry. I don't know why, but I think I offended her in some way. After we left, I had the nicest idea of making a cathedral. When I look outside my window, there is this very tall beautiful church. So I got some cardboard from a bin just outside my room and decided to begin sculpting it. I am not done yet but in a matter of days or weeks I can complete it.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Good details! You caught the sense of the moment in the scene at Dr. Treve’s house. Well done!

    ReplyDelete